Fear's Tavern
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cliffs of moher

2 posters

Go down

Cliffs of moher Empty Cliffs of moher

Post  burklert Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:14 pm

Well myself and my friend made great plans to travel on car trips this summer. The best trip i went on was a trip to county clare. Its a two hour drive from cork up there and you have to pass through the navigational nightmare that is Limerick.

It was just myself and my friend sarah who were traveling up there. The weather was the typical irish summer, rain followed by more rain. We arrived at the cliffs themselves just as there was a lull in the rain. I have to admit its pretty surreal to see double yellow lines in the middle of the countryside but its all part of the new development they constructed up there for tourists. The tourist centre they have built was the source of so many protests was actually kinda nice looking on the outside but when you walk in the door it was a whole different kettle of fish. The place was mobbed with old american tourists, that really horrible kind that makes any irish person run about a mile when you meet them. So we beat a hasty retreat and got the same hell out of dodge. Naturally in keeping with tradition it started pissing rain again. I have to admit i am glad it actually rained so heavily as it really fitted the cliffs. Sure i could have gone there and loved it being a sunny day but the rain really added to the whole vista that was there before us. I managed to stand there for about 10 minutes in the driving rain and wind absorbing the view that was before me untill i noticed the sign on the wall. "the Samaritans, phone 1890 number" For such a simple sign it really made you stop and think. At the time i was there only a few weeks before up the coast a women had jumped off a cliff with her kids. Heavy stuff.

Anyway we did the walk along the cliff and it was pretty damn amazing. But eventually we retreated to the car and went to find the burren. finding the geological feature known as the burren actually proved to be a hell of a thing to do. As we for some reason assumed that there was a front gate somewhere. anyway it didnt take us to long to figure it out and go driving through the burren with chemical brothers pumping through the cars speakers. Damn that was awesome. Eventually we got bored and headed back to ennis to get dinner. We ended up in a bar that just as we sat down for dinner a group of traditional irish music players wandered in and started playing. we stayed there for a good bit before we headed back down to cork.

Heres hoping that makes some sense. i need sleep now and i'm not looking back over it until tomorrow

burklert

Back to top Go down

Cliffs of moher Empty Re: Cliffs of moher

Post  MSJ Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:37 am

Are you trying to tell us you went on a solo trip with a girl named Sara and you ONLY have the scenary to talk about!?....I think we're getting ripped off on some details.

Your summer out there sounds like the one we're having here in Ontario/Quebec this year...rain rain and more rain. And last winter it was snowfall after snowfall, i've never had to shovel so much snow!

Anyways, some pictures of these cliffs are in order Wink.
MSJ
MSJ
Admin

http://fear.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Post  burklert Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:46 am

MSJ wrote:Are you trying to tell us you went on a solo trip with a girl named Sara and you ONLY have the scenary to talk about!?....I think we're getting ripped off on some details.

Your summer out there sounds like the one we're having here in Ontario/Quebec this year...rain rain and more rain. And last winter it was snowfall after snowfall, i've never had to shovel so much snow!

Anyways, some pictures of these cliffs are in order Wink.

Yes yes i am. It is actually possible to be friends with girls. besides she is one of my best females friends not to mention my best male friends ex!

Damn you and your snow. You know its been over ten years since i'v seen over an inch of snow! all we get is rain these days.

Pictures are coming but my friend is being a girl and has managed to break her camera!

-side note-
excuse my late reply. I'v been off being social in rl not to mention working my ass off.

burklert

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum